Saturday, July 31, 2010

Blah, Blah, Blah

I loved reading Graceling by Kristin Cashore. So, I thought that I would also love reading Fire, the pre-quel-ish book by Cashore, but I just could not get into it!

I mean, I checked it out from the library twice, renewed it once, and even after I got a few chapters in I just couldn't get into it at all. I didn't care about Fire (stupid name and all) and I didn't care that there was trouble-a-brewing in her country, and I really didn't care that there were monsters. Although, the little kitten ones that are all colourful sounded really, really cute and I want one for myself.

Has anyone else read this book after they read Graceling? What did you think about it? I'm thinking that I might have liked it more had I of read it first.

Still, I'm really looking forward to Bitterblue when it comes out next year. And, on a side note, the cover of this book is gorgeous.

1 comment:

Dazzling Mage said...

I know what you mean. The book didn't capture me like Graceling did- not the characters or the world itself. I guess I had high expectations for it after reading Graceling? I dunno.


I also can't wait for Bitterblue, and go back to the familiar world of graces.