Monday, July 19, 2010

Movie Monday - Adults will be Kids


Grown Ups

Written by: Adam Sandler & Fred Wolf

Directed by: Dennis Dugan

Released: June 25, 2010

Rating: PG-13



Summary: After their high school basketball coach passes away, five good friends and former teammates reunite for a Fourth of July holiday weekend.




I saw this movie last week and I laughed so hard that my stomach hurt and I almost peed myself. Basically, it was a classic Adam Sandler movie with just the right amount of seriousness to set off the hilarity that encompasses the majority of the movie.

The plot was simple, friends reunite over the death of an influential person from their childhood and they spend a correlating holiday weekend together at their childhood haunts. Thus, in their reliving their childhood, they give one to their own children who have been sucked into the video game, MTV sort of life that keeps today’s kids firmly seated in front of the TV and surrounded by technology.

The casting couldn’t have been better, either. I mean, you get Kevin James, Chris Rock, Adam Sandler, David Spade, and Rob Schneider all together on the big screen acting like their childhood selves and you can be sure that it’s going to be funny. Sometimes these ensemble casts don’t work, but with this movie I can’t see it working any other way.

I thought that it was a sweet, endearing, and absolutely hilarious way to spend a Wednesday night and I highly recommend going and watching this movie. It’s a definite 9/10.

2 comments:

Swimmer said...

It was hilarious but I hated when they tried to but some meaning to it!

Tammy (The Book Fairy's Haven) said...

Have to say that I haven't heard of this movie yet, but I do love a good comedy and based on your review, think I should definitely make my way to the movies soon :)