Sunday, July 11, 2010

In My Mailbox (10)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted over at The Story Siren – a blog that you should check out if you haven’t already.


Ok, that’s it, I am officially banned from buying any more books for the rest of the summer! Well, until Mockingjay comes out anyways, which is pretty much the end of the summer, so that works out.

Anyways, I knew that I was going to buy books while I was on my mini-holiday at the lake, but I cracked and bought more than I should have. Although, to be fair, I did need to complete some series’ that I have and I needed to replace a book that someone lost on me.

So, without further ado, here’s what’s in my mailbox.



From this great little used book store I got the third Silver Dragons novel, Me and My Shadow, by Katie MacAlister and Agatha Christie’s 4.50 from Paddington. Now, this is the ONLY book that I would EVER want the movie cover of because Margaret Rutherford is my old-age idol and she was also the most amazing Miss. Marple ever. Seriously, she’s one cool woman. Seriously, thought, look at that cover! It’s amazing.


Then there was this weird store that sold yarn and books. No, not yarn book but yarn AND books. So, of course, I had to check out what it was all about and evidently bought The Debutante by Kathryn Williams. It was at rock bottom pricing, though, so it was well worth it in my books… Of course, that’s the addiction talking, that is.



Then from this great independent book store I got Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins. This is a debut novel that’s been featured by a lot of people and I finally caved.



Then, here’s where things got too hairy. I went to the mall on the way home and wasn’t able to stay away from the bookstore. To be fair, though, I did need to replace the last Harry Potter book because a friend of mine lost my copy – which I had YET to read and got in the mail the day that it was first released – so I figured that I might as well pick that one up. Then the paperbacks of Splendor by Anna Godbersen and Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke came out… and I needed to complete my collections. Then, because I just couldn’t help myself, I bought Heist Society by Ally Carter; which I am reading now and loving.



So, that’s what I got in my mailbox this week. And this is going to be all that I’m getting for the next several weeks… unless I fall off the wagon again and succumb to my book addiction.

What did you get in yours?

1 comment:

Tammy (The Book Fairy's Haven) said...

Some great reads you have this week. Me and my Shadow especially looks fabulous and I think the cover is awesome! I think I'll probably end up getting Hex Hall too - many have been recommending that book anyway. Hope you enjoy your reads!