Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wish List Wednesday - Number Twelve

There are some movies of which I will forever be grateful because they introduced me to the amazing books that they were based off of. How’s Moving Castle was one, Memoirs of a Geisha was another, but this is the book that I am most excited for now that I’ve seen the movie trailer.








Tomorrow, When the War Began

Written by: John Marsden

Released: 1994 by Pan Australia


Summary: When Ellie and her friends go camping, they have no idea they’re leaving their old lives behind forever. Despite a less-than-tragic food shortage and a secret crush or two, everything goes as planned. But a week later, they return home to find their houses empty and their pets starving. Something has gone wrong--horribly wrong. Before long, they realize the country has been invaded, and the entire town has been captured--including their families and all their friends. Ellie and the other survivors face an impossible decision: They can flee for the mountains or surrender. Or they can fight.


The trailer and then the amazing reviews on Goodreads have made me want to read this series SO much. Plus, I think that this will be one of those great books that I can find in the used books stores and get for practically nothing (hopefully).

Has anyone already read it? Was it as amazing as I've heard? Would you recommend it?

1 comment:

Tammy (The Book Fairy's Haven) said...

Haven't read it yet, but agree that this sounds like one awesome read. I have to admit that if it weren't for the synopsis, I probably would have given this a miss.