Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Vintage Tuesdays - Windows to the Soul

Violet Eyes

Written by: Nicole Luiken

Released: January 2, 2001 by Simon Pulse


Summary: “I’m the Idea Girl, the one who can always think of something to do.”

Angel Eastland knows she’s different. It's not just her violet eyes that set her apart. She’s smarter than her classmates and more athletically gifted. Her only real competition is Michael Vallant, who also has violet eyes -- eyes that tell her they're connected, in a way she can’t figure out.

Michael understands Angel. He knows her dreams, her nightmares, and her most secret fears. Together they begin to realize that nothing around them is what it seems. Someone is watching them, night and day. They have just one desperate chance to escape, one chance to find their true destiny, but their enemies are powerful -- and will do anything to stop them.




I LOVE this book and I have ever since I first read it when it was first released. In fact, I love it so much that I hunted around forever to find it at a used book store – now if I can only find the companion novel in one too…

Anyways, I fell in love with Michael way before Angel did and I loved the twist that the book provided, which I’m not going to spoil.

Always a classic book from the past, I’m giving this one an 8/10.

1 comment:

Tammy (The Book Fairy's Haven) said...

Ok, I haven't read this book yet, but I'm going to add this to my TBR pile and look out for it. I think the whole violet eyes just sold it for me. :)