Friday, July 9, 2010

New Cover Art... Hmmmmmmm

So, it's just been posted over at the Personal Demon's website that the final cover image is finally completed and ready for the world to see. Well, here it is;


I have to admit that I like the ARC cover better, which is this one;



I don't know why, but I would definitely choose the ARC cover over the actual cover if I was looking at this book in the store. The ARC is just more... mature? I can't really describe it, but I find it a cleaner and crisper cover than the final one.

I mean, is it just me or do the characters on the final cover look like they're 30+ years old? With maybe the exception if Gabe, the angel, Luc and Frannie look like their biological clocks are about to give up. And, I'm just going to say it, Frannie looks like she could be a MILF to a teenager, which means that she looks like she could be her own mother. Plus, this is a totally eighties looking cover... to me anyways.

There are some great things about the final cover, but it's mostly the non-character parts. The anger wings are gorgeous, and I love the font choices. Also, the light and dark composition is pretty, but the ARC is still a million times better in my opinion and the final cover is a major fail. I think that if they had left off those awful characters and just went with the background angel wings (minus the fine print), then had the title and other information over it, this would have been an amazing, gorgeous cover all around.



But this is just my opinion. What do you think?

1 comment:

Tammy (The Book Fairy's Haven) said...

I have to admit that I also prefer the Arc cover over the final one. And she definitely does look way older than a teen. I think certain covers work far better if they are more simplistic and to me the arc cover seems to convey what the book is all about far more than the finished cover does.