Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wish List Wednesday - Number Sixteen

I know that a lot of bloggers have shown this book on their blogs lately, so I'm a little late to jump on the band-wagon, but I just had to choose this for a Wish List Wednesday post because it's so gorgeous and it sounds like it's going to be a fantastic read.

Ripple
Written by: Mandy Hubbard
Released: 2011 by Razorbill/Penguin

Summary: Eighteen year old Lexi Wentworth is cursed. For as long as she can remember, she’s spent every night swimming. If she doesn’t, she’ll regret it—simply walking will be agony, as if she’s stepping on shattered glass. Her body craves the water, demands the water, until she can’t say no.


But it's not the swimming that troubles Lexi. It’s the singing that goes with it.When she turned sixteen, her siren song killed the only boy she's ever loved. Now, she avoids the popular shores of the Pacific in favor of a long forgotten lake up in the mountains, where she can swim and sing in peace, far from the population of her oceanside home.

Until, that is, Troy Mills discovers her lake. He’s new to Lincoln City High, and he doesn’t know about Lexi’s reputation as an ice queen—a reputation she’s carefully cultivated to keep everyone around her safe. He pushes her, talks to her, forces her to dream of what life could be like if she weren’t a siren.

Lexi can’t stop herself from warming to him, from falling for him. Soon, he’s demanding answers, following her to the lake, unknowingly risking his life. How can she keep him safe when the one thing she wants most--to hold him close-- will endanger his life?

Doesn't it sound like it's going to be amazing? Plus, it's not something that I've ever really read about before in a summery for a book so it looks like it's going to be quite unique. If I had to describe it, I would say that it's a little Swan Maiden mixed with a bit of The Little Mermaid. Still, I can't wait to read it!

One thing though... what's that on her left leg? I wonder if that's just a watermark or if it's something that ties into the story.

1 comment:

Tammy (The Book Fairy's Haven) said...

Oh my gosh. I cannot believe I have not heard about this book until now. Am adding this to my TBR pile right now. Eh, can't say I like the cover all that much but it sounds like it's going to be a fabulous read!