Saturday, August 21, 2010

The First Queen of the Pipes

Inside Out


Written by: Maria V. Snyder

Released: March 24, 2010 by Harlequin

Summary: Keep Your Head Down.

Don't Get Noticed.

Or Else.

I'm Trella. I'm a scrub. A nobody. One of thousands who work the lower levels, keeping Inside clean for the Uppers. I've got one friend, do my job and try to avoid the Pop Cops. So what if I occasionally use the pipes to sneak around the Upper levels? The only neck at risk is my own…until I accidentally start a rebellion and become the go-to girl to lead a revolution.



I was a little hesitant with this book due to the great reviews that I’ve read about it, but I was also expecting it to be a fabulous read, and thankfully it was. Granted it wasn’t exactly what I expected, but I think that that was a part of why I liked it so much.

One thing that I really enjoyed about this book was how I didn’t know what exactly was going on. Without giving anything away, while I had a vague idea of what outside was, I didn’t know fully what to expect and I never would have guessed the ramifications of Trella finding it.

Ok, that gave away a bit, but not all that much.

I loved the characters in this book; Cog especially. Broken Man was a character that I could have done without since I found him whiney and impulsive, but I see why he needed to be a part of the whole story. And if course the character that I enjoyed reading about the most was Trella. I was able to relate to her hermit tendencies and her want to have space of her own. I can’t wait to see what happens to her in the next book Outside In, due out next spring.

I’m giving this book a 9/10, especially since the sequel is one that I’m going to be anticipating for the next sixish months. Also, this book really makes me want to read more Maria V. Snyder books.

Luckily, I have her first two books in the Glass trilogy all ready to read on my bookshelf!

No comments: