Sunday, August 8, 2010

In My Mailbox (13)

Yes, I violated my book ban, but only on three of the books! And as always, IMM credit goes to Kristi at The Story Siren.

So, Sunday night (or maybe it was Monday, the days blur together so much in the summer) I checked the mail and came across the package that my mum sent me comtaining Just Like Me, Only Better by Carol Snow which I won from Goodreads. I'm guessing that it came earlier in the week, but I'm really bad at checking the mail and so is my dad.


This book sounds great and I can't wait to read it.

Then, on Thursday I went and traded in books at one of my local used book stores and I got


Pirates! by Celia Rees
The Year My Sister Got Lucky by Aimee Friedman
Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey

and


Masquerade by Melissa de la Cruz

All in all, that was a good used book store raid that kept within my book ban since no money exchanged hands and I got them all on credit.


However, then came my very bad decision to go the Chapters.

See, since I really want to read the Tomorrow series by John Marsden, I looked for them in a few different used books stores, but apparently they're really hard to find in Canada or something so I turned up nothing. But since I'm not one to back down easily, I decided to try my luck at Chapters and was able to get the first and last in the series.


Tomorrow, When the War Began by John Marsden
The Other Side of Dawn by John Marsden


Then I spied the third Frank Beddor book in the Looking Glass Wars series, so I caved and bought that one too...


So at the end of this week, I fell off the wagon again BUT at least it was only three books since the others were free (basically). Of course, this is all adding to my ever-growing TBR list, but I can't wait to read them all!

This is what I got in my mailbox this week, what did you get in yours?

2 comments:

Dazzling Mage said...

Ooh, I remember reading Pirates! Hope you enjoy that, as well as ArchEnemy!

Awesome books, overall. Enjoy! =)

Tammy (The Book Fairy's Haven) said...

Gosh, you've got some fabulous reads! I'm positively dying to read Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark side! Haven't heard of Pirates, but I'm definitely going to check that out! Enjoy your books!