Monday, August 2, 2010

Movie Monday - The Final Chapter (I Hope)

Shrek Forever After

Written by: Josh Klausner and Darren Lemke based upon the book by William Steig

Directed by: Mike Mitchell

Released: May 21, 2010

Rating: PG


Summary: A bored and domesticated Shrek pacts with deal-maker Rumpelstiltskin to get back to feeling like a real ogre again, but when he's duped and sent to a twisted version of Far Far Away -- where Rumpelstiltskin is king, ogres are hunted, and he and Fiona have never met -- he sets out to restore his world and reclaim his true love.


They should have stopped at two. Heck, even one could have been enough. I mean, I enjoyed the movie when I saw it a while ago, the 3D was actually tolerable, but it just didn't need to be done. In fact, I think that the only good thing that came from this movie were the OPI nail colours (I love the purple and the blue).

Ok, it's not that this movie was bad - it did have its really funny moments - but it just wasn't necessary. I'm sure that children really enjoyed it, it was even good for adults, but it seemed to be the same things that had happened already. I must admit, though, that it was much better than the last installment; that one was just painful.

In short, if you have the money to blow, go see it. Or, if you're babysitting and want a movie that you can sit through, this is a good one. I wish that I had wanted to watch it for less money, like when it comes to the $5 bin at Wal-Mart. But, what's done is done and it wasn't completely horrible. I'm giving it a 5/10.

No comments: