Monday, August 16, 2010

BSOD - WTF - FML

So my computer may have completely died this time since it has now been plagued with the Blue Screen of DEATH and I'm freaking out because it has so many files on there that I don't want to lose.

Of course, a few weeks ago when my brain was telling me to 'go buy an external harddrive' I didn't listen to it and look where it got me. So is the way of my life...

This means that unless the post was primed before-hand, it's going to be a lot harder for me to have regular updates like I enjoy doing. In fact, I'm on my dad's mini computer right now and it's so hard to work on since I'm used to a full-sized laptop keyboard. Plus, he's very protective over it and I almost had to sign away my soul to use it.

Ok, it wasn't that bad, but I did have to up the puppy dog eyes in order to steal it away for a while. Then I had to practically steal the cable...

That aside, I'm going to try and get posts done either using my dad's computer or my blackberry but I'll have to see how much I can get done.

Ideally, I'll be able to get my computer fixed this week while I have my days off... But I'm not going to hold my breath on that one. I just hope that it's not going to cost me an arm and a leg to repair it or buy a new one. It's just so sad because I love my laptop Gustav and I don't want to have to replace him.





Yes, I name my technology... But I've always been weird that way.

3 comments:

Tammy (The Book Fairy's Haven) said...

It's so crap when that happens. I've had that happen to me nearly twice now and I have yet to buy an external hard drive. *note to self* Must make a plan. Hope that you manage to retrieve all your files. :(

Tina said...

Oh no!! I hate it when that happens. Except that time, my external harddrive crashed - all my photos, home videos, documents, miscellaneous files - they all were gone. :(
It really isn't the harddisk components that is important (although the External harddrive costed $300 AUD), but all your hard work and memories that are lost.

I hope that you'll be able to recover all that you missed.

Good luck,
Tina.

Anonymous said...

There is software named as Digeus I use it when there are problems with operational system. I also recommend Windows Tune Up Suite form Windsty. It prevents BSOD (Blue Screen of Death), restores your system to healtry state.