Saturday, October 2, 2010

Vampires Not Wanted

Insatiable

Written by: Meg Cabot

Released: June 8, 2010 by William Morrow

Summary: Sick of vampires? So is Meena Harper.


But her boss is making her write about them anyway, even though Meena doesn’t believe in them.

Not that Meena isn’t familiar with the supernatural. See, Meena Harper knows how you’re going to die (not that you’re going to believe her; no one ever does).

But not even Meena’s precognition can prepare her for what happens when she meets—then makes the mistake of falling in love with—Lucien Antonescu, a modern-day prince with a bit of a dark side . . . a dark side a lot of people, like an ancient society of vampire-hunters, would prefer to see him dead for.
The problem is, he already is dead. Maybe that’s why he’s the first guy Meena’s ever met that she could see herself having a future with. See, while Meena’s always been able to see everyone else’s future, she’s never been able look into her own.

And while Lucien seems like everything Meena has ever dreamed of in a boyfriend, he might turn out to be more like a nightmare.

Now might be a good time for Meena to start learning to predict her own future . . .

If she even has one.


I got this from the library and it made me incredibly happy. I had wanted to read this ever since it came out but I didn't want to shell out the money for it and I could never find it at any other libraries. But, lo and behold, when I walked into my library a few weeks ago it was there in the 'new fiction' box.

What drew me to this book in the first place was that it was rather anti-vampire in mood while still being about vampires. It made me laugh if anything. It also made me giggle while reading and it further cemented my love of Meg Cabot's writing.

Meena was a likable character and Lucien made me melt. The supporting characters were all also really well done and they made me feel surprisingly strong emotions towards them.

I'm giving this book a well-deserved 8/10. I can't wait to read more Cabot in the future.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I've seen mixed reviews on this one. Some Cabot fans were disappointed in it...I've personally never read anything by her, but I do want to.

I tagged you on my blog, IF you're interested in participating. :)

Another Book Junkie

Swimmer said...

I've never read a Cabot book and I really should because she has so many! Great Review!