Saturday, October 9, 2010

Fred is a Girl's Name Too, Three

Fish Out of Water

Written by: MaryJanice Davidson

Released: November 25, 2008 by Jove


Summary: Fred the Mermaid has taken the bait and chosen to date Artur, Prince of the Black Sea, over human marine biologist Thomas. And just in time. The existence of the Undersea Folk is no longer a secret, and someone needs to keep them from floundering in the media spotlight. Fred has all the right skills for that job, but has a hard time when her real father surfaces and tries to overthrow Artur’s regime.



As the final installment of the Fred series, I was both disappointed and relieved. Disappointed because it ended, and Fred is one of my favourite Davidson characters, but relieved because it ended well.

Still, I would have liked to read more about Fred and her complicated life full of action, adventure, romance, and tail fins. I'm giving this an 8/10.

Also, this was my least favourite cover of the three. Though I like the colours, it does nothing for me and it's missing the same je ne sais quoi that the others have.


And another thing, what's the verdict on doing series and related books all in a row for reviews? Inquiring minds want to know!

1 comment:

Tammy (The Book Fairy's Haven) said...

I'm a huge fan of mermaid stories, so I'll definitely be on the look out for this series. I enjoyed her vampire series, and have only recently heard about this book series, but I will be adding them to my TBR pile, that's for sure.