Friday, October 8, 2010

Fred is a Girl's Name Too, Two

Swimming Without a Net

Written by: MaryJanice Davidson

Released: November 27, 2007 by Jove


Summary: As Fred the Mermaid tries to fit in with her own kind, she finds herself hooked on both Artur, the High Prince of the undersea realm, and Thomas, a hunky marine biologist. She's also caught between two factions of merfolk: those happy with swimming under the radar-and those who want to bring their existence to the surface.


Another amazing mermaid Fred book by Davidson. I laughed, I gasped, I sighed. In short, I loved it. The conflict in this reminds me a little of that within the True Blood/Southern Vampire realm by Charlaine Harris.

Davidson really does have the ability to write amazing female characters (though they can tend to be a little whiny at times) along with great story lines. I'm giving this book too a 9/10.

Plus, aren't these covers just fun and gorgeous? I think so.

No comments: