Thursday, June 10, 2010

HUGE News About the Valley Girls!

So, I was on wikipedia looking around the Sweet Valley page and I came across this:

Sweet Valley Confidential


This is another spin-off the Sweet Valley High Series. Author Francine Pascal is still writing the book, and it is set when the twins are 26 years old. Pascal has stated that "I can tell you that what you thought was going to happen to those people doesn't happen. Different things happen. Ten years, from 16 to adulthood, has made very different people. And I'm having kind of good time writing it, doing what I want to do with these people."

In February of 2010 an announcement was made on Publisher's Marketplace by St. Martin's Press with the following details: Francine Pascal's SWEET VALLEY CONFIDENTIAL, following her iconic identical blonde twins and full cast of characters into adulthood, now in their late twenties and early thirties, "where the real world intrudes," to Dan Weiss at St. Martin's (who created the original series with Pascal when he was a book packager), with Hilary Rubin Teeman editing, for publication in early 2011.


Oh my god I think that my jaw came off my face. I am so... ok, maybe not excited, but I'm looking forward to seeing what this new series brings about the blonde twins. I also have to wonder, are these books going to be geared towards adults (the people who read the books when they first came out), or are they going to try and pull in a whole new audience?

No comments: