Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Beauty is More Than Skin Deep

The Power of Makeup


Written by: Trish McEvoy

Released: November 5, 2003 by Fireside



Summary: Trish McEvoy has created one of today’s most successful skin care and makeup brands by relying on her instincts and the feedback of thousands of women who attend her workshops. The dream that has fuelled her success has always been to teach every woman she meets how to look her personal best. Now she presents her revolutionary new system that will help you define your makeup style and organize your makeup routine to fit your busy life, no matter what your age or ethnic background. Trish McEvoy: The Power of Makeup will arm you with the tools and knowledge you need to be your own makeup expert.


If you’ve been reading this blog for a while, you might know that my other passion in life, aside from books, is makeup. Which is why, when I saw this book at Half Price Books, I jumped at the chance of obtaining it for my own thriving collection; especially since it was only $4.99. I love deals. And I love makeup, it was perfect.

Now, I don’t consider myself a guru or anything about makeup but I know enough to get by. Plus, I get a lot of practice from doing my friends’ makeup during the school year whenever they are going out and I’ve worked in cosmetics, so I’ve picked up a few things. Anyways, that’s not the point. The point is that this book is full of a lot of great information and I learned a lot by reading it.

If you’re just starting out, this is a great book about the basics. It covers skincare and the essentials to looking young and fresh. It has all the regimes to keeping your skin looking clear and clean, which are good to know when those pesky problems arise, and a lot of useful information.

With a book like this, I don’t know what else to really say about it. If it’s your type of thing, it’s worth a look, but if it’s not, don’t worry about it. Since it’s informational fiction, there’s no point in reading unless you want to know. For me, it’s a 6/10; I’ll be looking back at it periodically for a refresher.

No comments: