Monday, July 4, 2011

Movie Monday - Escape from Bangkok

Hangover 2


Written by: Scott Armstrong, Craig Mazin, and Todd Philips

Directed by: Todd Philips

Released: May 26, 2011 by Warner Bros. Pictures

Rating: R

Summary: Stu is getting married. Along with Doug, Phil, and his soon-to-be brother-in-law Teddy, he regretfully invites Alan to Thailand for the wedding. After a quiet night on the beach with a beer and toasting marshmallows by the camp fire, Stu, Alan and Phil wake up in a seedy apartment in Bangkok. Doug is back at the resort, but Teddy is missing, there's a monkey with a severed finger, Alan's head is shaved, Stu has a tattoo on his face, and they can't remember any of it. The wolf-pack retrace their steps through strip clubs, tattoo parlours and cocaine-dealing monkeys on the streets of Bangkok as they try and find Teddy before the wedding.


Ok, first of all, I didn’t really enjoy the first movie, and then I went to see this one with the paternal parental unit... talk about awkward. Granted, this movie was better than the first, but only by a little and that’s not really saying much.

I don’t know, maybe it’s because I’m not the sort of person who really enjoys this type of stupid-comedy movie or maybe because it was an awkward situation to begin with, but I wouldn’t watch this again and I definitely wouldn’t pay to see it at all – my dad paid for the tickets.

In short, I just didn’t like it, although it has to have something going for it since it’s raked I over ½ a million dollars since its release date. I think that if you were a fan of the first movie you’ll enjoy this one, but for me it’s a 4/10.

No comments: