Friday, July 8, 2011

A Last Weekend (a mini review)

Never Eighteen

Written by: Megan Bostic

Released: January 16, 2012 by Graphia

Summary: I had the dream again. The one where I’m running. I don’t know what from or where to, but I’m scared, terrified really.

Austin Parker is never going to see his eighteenth birthday. At the rate he’s going, he probably won’t even see the end of the year. But in the short time he has left there’s one thing he can do: He can try to help the people he loves live—even though he never will.

It’s probably hopeless.

But he has to try.


But first off, bravo to Megan Bostic for a debut novel that most definitely never seemed like a debut. This novel had an air about it that, while raw, never lacked in that professional undercurrent. And to be fair, the subject matter and the pure emotion were what made for a raw experience.

This is a fantastic novel and while it made me cry I would highly recommend it. I can’t wait to see what else Bostic comes out with after this amazing debut. You can be sure that I’ll be reading it. I give it an 8/10.



My thanks to netGalley and Graphia for allowing me to read this advanced copy.

No comments: