Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wish List Wednesday - Number Forty-Four

The cover drew me to this book and when I first saw it I thought that it was an adult steampunk-romance. Oh how I was wrong. In fact, this novel is a 2011 YA Debut read and it has landed firmly on my wish list. Hell, the cover alone would have me picking it up to read, but after reading the summary, it definitely looks as though the cover is just the icing.




The Girl in the Steel Corset

Written by: Kady Cross

Released: May 24, 2011 by Harlequin Teen

Summary: She thought there was something wrong with her. She was right.

Finley Jayne has known for quite some time that she isn’t ‘normal,’ but when she beats up the son of her employer and is forced to flee, she stumbles into a world where there are bigger freaks than her. They take her in, treat her like family and demand her trust. How can Finley trust them when she can’t trust herself? And why is she drawn to the powerful Griffin as well as the dangerous Jack? She has to get herself under control before she gets into trouble she can’t get out of.

Griffin King is one of the most powerful men in Britain but he couldn’t save his best friend from almost dying. He is determined to save Finley and help her become the person he knows she can be, but there’s evil afoot in London. Machines have attacked humans under the orders of a nefarious criminal called The Machinist. He has sworn to protect his country against such a threat, but he’s never faced any foe like this. However, when he discovers The Machinist’s connection to his past, Griffin vows to end the villain once and for all — but he’ll need the help of all his friends, including the beautiful Finley Jayne – the girl in the steel corset.


It sounds like amazing sexy times, to me and I love a good steampunk. And that dress. I'm in love with that dress! I hope that this is a little like the Alexia Tarabotti novels (only less supernatural). I can’t wait.

No comments: