Saturday, July 10, 2010

Read-A-Like Books


So, for the latest Summer Reading Challenge (this makes number eight) you have to list your read-a-like books and I've chosen to go with my latest reads, which almost all seem to be those amazing summer pool-side/beach reads. Ironically, the last challenge was to post an updated current reads list and almost all these books are on it.

In no particular order here are my read-a-like summer reads;

The Pretty Little Liars series - Oh My God this is an amazing set of eight books.
Heist Society - I'm reading it right now and it's SO good so far.
The Airhead series - I've only read the first two since the last one isn't out in paperback, but they were amazing.
The Debutante - A great, easy, quick read to have with you in a beach tote.
Sea Change - The epitome of summer with its beaches and mermaids and summer romance.

The ones that I've already read and reviewed can be found here. So if you're looking for a good summer read, check these ones out. Also, if I've missed some good ones, let me know because I'll definitely want to check them out!


**On a side-note, it took me forever to grasp the concept of read-a-like books... I think that I worked too hard today and fried my brain though, so that would explain it. : )

5 comments:

Karin Perry said...

Thanks for posting your list.
Karin

Erika Powell said...

i understand the brain fried feeling,my IMM this week is a big mess, haha!

Mrs. DeRaps said...

I'm reading Pretty Little Liars right now, too. I love it!

Unknown said...

I haven't read any of the books you listed but they look very interesting. I do like Meg Cabot, but those were the queen of babble books.

Sherri @ Urban Girl Reader

Kim said...

I love read a-like lists...especially if I've read a good book and want to find more like it:-)