Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wish List Wednesday - Number Sixty

Wrecked
Written by: Anna Davies
Released: May 1, 2012 by Simon and Schuster Children’s Publishing
Summary: Miranda has lived on Whym Island since the death of her parents. She has taken comfort in its seclusion and in the folklore that claims a mysterious sea witch controls the fate of all on the island and its surrounding waters. It's just been easier to believe that things are out of her control.
But when a terrible boating accident takes the lives of several of her friends, Miranda is rescued by a mysterious boy that haunts her dreams. As the guilt of the accident consumes her, she finds refuge in her late night swims. Then, she meets Christian, a boy who seems so familiar, but won't tell her where he is from and why they can only meet at the beach. As Miranda falls for Christian and begins to put the accident behind her, she discovers that there are secrets that Christian is keeping to protect her that may only end up bringing her nothing but harm.
Doesn’t that sound amazing? I wonder if it’s mermaids or a take on Shakespeare’s The Tempest (you know with the character Miranda and an island...).
I have to admit that I’m not too keen on the cover but that’s simply because it looks like a cheesy romance. I do like the detail that is used with the scale-like patterns on the guys chest, though. I think that’s why I’m leaning towards a mermaid-esque story which makes me super excited! I’m a total sucker for mermaids.
Another bonus with this novel is that it’s a 2012 debut! I can’t wait to read this one.

No comments: