Friday, September 30, 2011

Follow the Path

Eve
Written by: Anna Carey
Released: October 4, 2011 by HarperTeen

Summary: Where do you go when nowhere is safe?
Sixteen years after a deadly virus wiped out most of Earth’s population, the world is a perilous place. Eighteen-year-old Eve has never been beyond the heavily guarded perimeter of her school, where she and two hundred other orphaned girls have been promised a future as the teachers and artists of the New America. But the night before graduation, Eve learns the shocking truth about her school’s real purpose—and the horrifying fate that awaits her.
Fleeing the only home she’s ever known, Eve sets off on a long, treacherous journey, searching for a place she can survive. Along the way she encounters Arden, her former rival from school, and Caleb, a rough, rebellious boy living in the wild. Separated from men her whole life, Eve has been taught to fear them, but Caleb slowly wins her trust . . . and her heart. He promises to protect her, but when soldiers begin hunting them, Eve must choose between true love and her life.
In this epic new series, Anna Carey imagines a future that is both beautiful and terrifying. Readers will revel in Eve’s timeless story of forbidden love and extraordinary adventure.
Oh my god I should have written this review months ago when I actually read it. Sadly, my e-galley has expired for it, so forgive me if I’m a little vague on some parts. I do, for the most part, remember quite a lot about this novel. It was a rather spectacular novel.
First and foremost, don’t read this novel if you get incredibly irritated with non-fulfilling endings. I HATED how this novel ended simply because of A. How it ended and B. The fact that I have to wait such a long time until the next novel comes out. It leaves a reader desperately wanting more and like a tease it offers nothing. BUT I do recommend reading this novel as soon as you decide you’re prepared enough to, just be wary of the Andrea Cremer style ending.
I loved how Eve really evolves as a character throughout this novel. She starts off as this annoying goody-goody who always follows the rules but after just one event she finds herself searching for answers and discovering truths that leaves her almost wishing for ignorance again. However, it was great to read a strong character like her who changes little by little. This made it more believable and a better reading experience.
The supporting characters in this novel are crafted amazingly well. Arden starts off as this huge bitch but by the end of the novel you can’t help but kind of like her. I have to admit, though, that I can’t remember what happens to her in the end. I remember up to a certain point and then remember nothing about her. Caleb, on the other hand, I had my fingers crossed that he would be able to break through Eve’s barriers.
And then the ending near killed me. Seriously! It wasn’t what I was expecting at all and it made me cry (whether in frustration, sadness, or joy I’m not telling. That would be giving out spoilers) I can’t wait for the next in this series. 8/10!


My thanks to NetGalley and HarperTeen for allowing me to read an e-ARC of this novel!!

1 comment:

~Sara @ Just Another Story said...

I've been ignoring everything about this book (because I can't possible add more to be TBR) but there you have it. Another one added. I'm glad you liked this. I'm looking forward to getting to it.