Thursday, September 22, 2011

Alien Romance

The Wild One (Roswell High 2)
Written by: Melinda Metz
Released: December 1st 1999 by Simon Spotlight Entertainment
Summary: Dangerous love...

Isabel: From the moment she hears the roar of Nikolas' motorcycle, she's hooked. This new guy in town seems to understand exactly how she feels and thinks, exactly what she needs. He's someone willing to let her be what she was born to be...the wild one.


Alex: He's jealous of Isabel's new boyfriend. Worse, he fears that Nikolas is dragging Isabel deeper and deeper into danger. If Isabel's not careful, Sheriff Valenti will discover the truth about her. And if that happens, no one from Earth will be able to save her....Isabel: From the moment she hears the roar of Nikolas' motorcycle, she's hooked. This new guy in town seems to understand exactly how she feels and thinks, exactly what she needs. He's someone willing to let her be what she was born to be...the wild one.

What I loved about this novel was being able to see other sides of the characters that I know and love. I was always a Michael over Max fan and now I’m an even bigger one. I want a guy to come through my window with candy and a horror movie! It’s so obvious that he’s in love with Maria but is too much of an alien-guy to know what to do about it. I just wanted to slap some romantic sense into his character and be all ‘don’t deny the inevitable’. It was also both nice and infuriating to see another side of Isabel in this novel as well. I hated how annoyingly dense she was but I couldn’t help but applaud her for doing something out of character even though at the same time I was all ‘no, don’t do that!’
I loved the few scenes which I could identify from being incorporated into the show; specifically the generalness of the bowling alley scene.
In all, I loved this novel and I love this series. I can’t wait to see what else happens – especially since it is quite different from the show and I’m not sure what to expect! A well-earned rating of 9/10.
*Sigh* I love these books and I’ve only read the first two. Ok, I think that a lot of that springs from my love for the television show but still. I NEED to get my hands on the remaining seven (preferably at the same time or in order) so that I can read them as well.

No comments: