Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (17)



Freebies are evil. Do you have any idea how many ideas went through my mind and I couldn’t settle on one – or I discovered that it had already been done. So, instead, I’ve decided to cheat and play Russian roulette with my books and randomly pick 10 to feature using an online number randomizer.
1. Where the Heart is by Billie Letts
I loved this novel. It deals with real problems and is just so beautifully done. The movie is rather amazing as well – though it doesn’t go into as many details.
2. After by Amy Efaw
Words cannot describe just how powerful this novel it. It’s really a must-read even if you’re not a YA fan. The subject matter is just so raw and heartbreaking – it’s an amazing novel.
3. Broken Wings by V.C. Andrews
I own a lot of V.C. Andrews novels but this one I have yet to read. It just sits on the shelf with all the other emotionally disturbed books by this author.
4. Vanished by Kate Brian
12th book in the Private series, I haven’t gotten around to reading it yet.
5. Dicey’s Song by Cynthia Voigt
I read this back in high school and it’s just so good. The book that comes before it – Homecoming – it just as amazing.
6. The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
One of the only fairy novels that I like from what I've read so far.
7. Tall Dark & Hungry by Lynsay Sands
So good. It’s set in Canada and blends the perfect amount of sexy times and humour.
8. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
An amazing start to an amazing series of novels. If you haven’t read this novel yet you really should – it’s great for all ages.
9. He’s So Not Worth It by Kieran Scott
I loved She’s So Dead to Us and was excited to read this one – but I haven’t yet.
10. Fairest by Gail Carson Levine
I love Gail Carson Levine. While Ella Enchanted is my favourite, this one is really good too!

Leave me a line and a link to your TTT post! I love seeing other people’s lists.
As always, check out The Broke and the Bookish for more Top Ten fun!

6 comments:

melissa @ 1lbr said...

That's a pretty good mix of books too! That random generator knows how to mix it up. I talked about fictional families today for TTT.

Kate said...

Interesting idea! I love the Percy Jackson series :)

My Top Ten Places NOT to Read a Book

Angel (Mermaid Vision Books) said...

After was excellent! I'm glad there are other fans of that story. :)

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

I LOVE Gail Carson Levine!! Nobody does fairytale re-tellings better! She is one of my very favorite authors.

Lady In Read said...

liked your idea! need to read books from your list.. am a new follower ...

Nea said...

I love the Iron Queen too so much! It was a fantastic read :) ;)