Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (15)



Ugh, this was such a hard list to come up with! I didn’t want to have books where the author was coming out with a book this year and I wanted to have authors who have nothing set up for release. So I tried, and I searched, and I Googled and Goodreadsed and this is what I came up with.
So, in no particular order, the authors who I wish would write more ASAP!

1. Lise Haines
She wrote Girl in the Arena and I absolutely loved that novel. It was just so well done and I would love more from her – especially if it was in the Girl in the Arena world.
2. Shauna Cross
Famous for writing Derby Girl which was made into the movie Whip It. I loved both the book and the movie!
3. Aimee Friedman
I really liked Sea Change and I would love to read a second novel.
4. Heather Dixon
Especially if she writes more fairy tale retellings like Entwined I’ll be one happy reader!
5. Amy Efaw
After is this heartbreaking novel that I would rate as one of my top reads of all time, and Battle Dress was just so empowering and great.
6. J.K. Rowling
The world needs more from her – period.
7. Suzanne Collins
With the wild success of The Hunger Games, I would love to see another YA book (or 10) from her!
8. Gayle Forman
She has a novel coming out... in 2013. I wish there was something sooner.
9. Gregory Maguire
I’ve loved all the books of his that I’ve read and while I like his Oz books, I would like more of his fairy tale retellings.
10. Jennifer Castle
The Beginning of After was so good and was a debut. I can’t wait for more from this author!




As always, check out The Broke and the Bookish for more Top Ten fun!
Leave me a line and a link to your TTT post! I love seeing other people’s lists.

13 comments:

Jana said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and agreeing with me about Suzanne Collins! AND thanks for directing me towards Alex Flinn's new book!

- Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl

Steph @ The Caffeinated Reader said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

I can't wait to read Gayle Forman's newest, but luckily we have other books to keep us occupied until then!

I'm doing a book swap with another blogger for The Beginning of After, so I'll be reading that one shortly.

Steph @ The Caffeinated Reader

Michael @ The Bookshelf Review said...

Completely agree with Collins and Rowling. =]
New Follower. =]
Awesome list. =]
Here is My Top Ten

Scarlett said...

Thanks for stopping by! I know, I kind of cheated with just 6.

How could I have forgotten JKR?! I would love to see what else she could come up with.

I really enjoyed Whip It, but for some reason didn't know it was based off of a book. I'll have to check it out.

Great list!

Carina Olsen said...

Great list ;) Oh, I had totally forgotten about JK Rowling when making my list (A) Hih ;)
Thank you for commenting on my top ten. <3
Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

Tanya Patrice said...

I love the variety on your list - I would love to read more from Rowlings & Collins too.

Hollie said...

Great list! Completely agree with Rowling, and I can't believe I forgot to include Gayle Forman on my list! 2013 is just too long to wait!

My Top Ten

Unknown said...

Hi K,
thanks for stopping by my blog!
your blurb about needing more from JK Rowling made me smile. it's so true!
and I love that you have Suzanne Collins on your list. I'm reading the hunger games series right now!

Shannon (Giraffe Days) said...

Totally agree about Rowling - can't believe I forgot her for my list!

I have Sea Change somewhere on my shelves; I really should read it!

Thanks for stopping by!

Jim said...

Cool list - definitely agree with JKR!

Nea said...

haha totally agree about Suzzane Collins!! :) ;)

Just a Lil Lost said...

Gregory Maguire's a good one! Even tho I own quite a few of his books, I actually have only gotten to Wicked.. lol.. I like his style tho.. just need to get around to reading it all!

Great list :)

Michele | Top 10

Amber said...

I'm not sure why my mind didn't even go to Suzanne Collins but she's an excellent choice! Gayle Forman is another one I'd add to my list. Great stuff here!