Friday, January 27, 2012

It's Just a Programming Malfunction

Glitches
Written by: Marissa Meyer
Released: December 5, 2011 by Tor

Summary: Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. In “Glitches,” a short prequel story to Cinder, we see the results of that illness play out, and the emotional toll that takes on Cinder. Something that may, or may not, be a glitch....

This was a fantastic start to what I imagine will be a phenomenal book. I loved how they released this e-book before Cinder was released and gave readers this great glimpse into the world the novel is set in. I was able to read this novella online at the Tor website. You can read it here.
I really started to feel bad for Cinder and after reading this novella I can only imagine that I will feel even worse for her in a full-length novel. She’s just so sweet and you can’t help but love her and when the new “step-mother” turns into a complete bitch you just want to come to Cinder’s defence.
I really cannot wait until I crack open the spine (not really cracking it) to Cinder and start to read it. I want to have a full day where I can just sit and read because I have this gut feeling that once I start I won’t be able to stop.
I’m giving Glitches an 8.5/10.

Ps: I want an Iko of my very own. Aside from the ability to do housework, she seems like she’s going to be a cool android to have around.
By the way, is Iko a he, she or it?

1 comment:

LoveOfBooks said...

Iko is a she, and she's a great character in Cinder. I loved that book A LOT. Hurry and start cracking. lol