Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wish List Wednesday - Number Fifty-Two

I can’t remember how I stumbled across this novel, but I’m happy that I did. It sounds so intriguing and I’m not sure what I would expect from it.


Circle Nine

Written by: Anne Heltzel

Released: September 13, 2011 by Candlewick Press

Summary: She knows only Sam, a mysterious teenage boy. He is her sole companion; her whole life. She was born, already a teenager, lying outside a burning building in soot-stained clothes, remembering nothing, not even her name. He showed her the necklace she had on, the one that named her: Abby. Sam brought her to live in his cave-palace, where he gives her everything she needs. He loves her. He protects her from the world outside, from everyone who wants to hurt them, like the denizens of Circle Nine, Dante’s deepest circle of hell. But even in a charmed, brand-new life like Abby’s, change will come. Sam falls ill. A new girl comes to stay, and Abby begins to question Sam’s devotion. With doubt comes emotional turmoil, changes in perception, and glimpses of her past identity. In this courageous psychological thriller, Abby tells the story of living her new life and discovering her old one, while grappling with an ever-changing reality.


I’m imagining some sort of Stockholm Syndrome set in a dystopian future. I’m very interested to see how it plays out.

As an added bonus, it's a 2011 YA Debut!

1 comment:

Kristina said...

I just got this one from netgalley! I can't wait to read it!