Sunday, May 29, 2011

In My Mailbox (54) - NYC and BEA Edition Part 1

After a week of bliss, I have found that I have forgotten just how horrible dial-up internet is. But, thankfully, Blogger is working as it should and I’m able to bring you this (albeit late) In My Mailbox.

BEA and my week in New York City were amazing. I am still overwhelmed by it all and I am so happy that I still have books coming to me in the mail over the next few weeks. It’s like extending my vacation just a little bit more.

But let me tell you, lugging all these books home was no treat. Luckily, my cousin had the most amazing idea to check my backpack – which meant that I didn’t have to carry around 23lbs of books all day. And yes, that was 23lbs. I looked at the scale when it was being weighed. That’s not counting the Strand tote I had full which acted as my carry on and the few books I stuffed into my suitcase.

Sadly, it was back to the real world today and even though I cut out of work way early (sleeping on a plane is a pain... literally) I still would rather be back in the city. But at least I get to share some of my amazing treasures with everyone!

So, this week in my mailbox (more like from my luggage) I received;



Teen Author Carnival

After Obsession by Carrie Jones and Steven E. Wedel – signed
I’ll Be There by Holly Goldberg Sloan
Shut Out by Kody Keplinger – signed
Invincible Summer by Hannah Moskowitz – signed
Small Town Sinners by Melissa Walker
Skyship Academy by Nick James – signed

Signed at BEA

Popular by Alissa Grosso
The Poison Diaries: Nightshade by Maryrose Wood
Brooklyn Burning by Steve Brezenoff
Deadline by Mira Grant
Bunheads by Sophie Flack
Sirenz by Charlotte Bennardo and Natalie Zaman
Shut Out by Kody Keplinger
The Daughters Take the Stage by Joanna Philbin
Blood Rights by Kristen Painter


From BEA
Sirenz by Charlotte Bennardo and Natalie Zaman
Undercurrent by Tricia Rayburn x 2
WinterTown by Stephen Emond
Bunheads by Sophie Flack x 2
After Midnight by Lynn Viehl x 2
Alison Wonderland by Helen Smith
A Blue So Dark by Holly Schindler
The Revisionists by Thomas Mullen

Sample Chapters

The Wood Queen by Karen Mahoney
The Death Cure by James Dashner
Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

From The Strand

Ash by Malinda Lo (bought as a gift for my friend Amy... but I plan to read it too!)
Like Mandarin ARC by Kirsten Hubbard
He’s So Not Worth It by Kieran Scott
Divergent by Veronica Roth
Siren by Tricia Rayburn
Leverage ARC by Joshua C. Cohen
Original Sin by Lisa Desrochers
Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Pink by Lili Wilkinson
The Trust by Tom Dolby
The Education of Hailey Kendrick by Eileen Cook
Are You There, Vodka? It’s Me, Chelsea by Chelsea Handler (in hardcover to match my other books of hers)
Wildthorn by Jane England
The Magnolia League by Katie Crouch
Dreamland Social Club by Tara Altebrando


So this ends part 1 of my BEA haul. Stay tuned for the upcoming weeks when my parcels come in the mail (I can’t wait) and I’m able to share what all was shipped in them.

And before anyone makes a big stink on my double copies, just know that before I even contemplated taking an extra (or two) I always asked someone from the booth. And some were obtained from two different sources. The only reason I grabbed more than one, too, was for giveaways - which I explained whoever I spoke to at the booth before taking them.


For more information on IMM, check out Kristi’s website The Story Siren.

4 comments:

Kapri said...

Looks like you got a good haul! I'm glad you had a good time this week!

Mystica said...

Looks a beautiful haul. Am glad you have enjoyed the tour!

Grace Fonseca said...

Wasn't BEA wonderful. New follower. Love the color purple. New follower.

Lisa (starmetal_oak) said...

Hey! We met at BEA in the line at Orbit :) I'm following you now - and great haul! I never made it to the Strand but glad I didn't because my suitcases were way too heavy too!