Sunday, May 22, 2011

NYC and BEA - Day One

Well, Day One consisted of me waiting in the airport for almost 3 hours (I was incredibly early and customs/security took, like, 20 minutes total). There were very few people on the U.S. side of the terminal (you go through American customs in Canada... I don’t know why) and I spent my time there reading The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab and watching YouTube videos.

The flight to Detroit was very productive since I finished reading The Near Witch (it was excellent) but I hit a wall during the flight to New York and slept since I got little sleep last night. I also almost had a panic attack when my e-reader froze. Luckily I was able to amend the situation before I burst into tears, so all was good.

Then my night consisted of finding my ride at the airport, getting to my cousin’s home in the city, and relaxing. Oh, and being cajoled into playing Twister with a 6-year-old and an 8-year-old, and being read Franklin books to.

Next up is sleep and getting ready for registration tomorrow and the Teen Author Carnival at the Mulberry St. Library. I’m exhausted!



Oh, and I am soooo happy that I have wifi where I’m staying. It’s going to make updating so much easier this week and I’ll be able to (hopefully) remember more details this way! I swear I have to memory of a goldfish most of the time.


ps: is anyone else's Blogger not working properly? Mine's all screwy right now.

No comments: