Monday, April 12, 2010

Sherlock Mouse



The Great Mouse Detective

First Released: July 2, 1986, re-released on VHS in 1992, re-released on DVD in 2010

Written by: Peter Young & Vance Gerry (plus nine other writers) based on the book series by Eve Titus and Paul Galdone

Directed by: Ron Clements, Burny Mattinson, Dave Michener, and John Musker

Rating: G



Summary: In Victorian London, England, a little mouse girl's toymaker father is abducted by a peg-legged bat. She enlists the aid of Basil of Baker Street, the rodent world's answer to Sherlock Holmes. The case expands as Basil uncovers the crime's link to a plot against the Crown itself.




So, since it’s being re-released on DVD tomorrow, I thought that I would dive into my childhood and review this Disney movie.

I remember that I watched this movie all the time. I think that the appeal was the talking animals, but the action and adventure always made it fun to watch. Plus, it was funny, and at the time I was in a major Disney phase. I loved the characters and the villain (a giant rat with his bat side-kick) was truly kid-scary.

I’m giving this movie a 7/10 for childhood memories. It was a good film then and I imagine that if I watch it now, later in life, it would still be entertaining.

No comments: