Thursday, April 29, 2010

According to Me


Top 10 Book Series


Over at Random Ramblings there are Top Ten lists featured every week and this was one that caught my eye. The specific link to this one is here and you can see what other people’s top tens are in this category.

It was so difficult to choose just ten series – my top ten no less – but here they are in no significant order… though they sort of are.


10. Chronicles of Narnia – C.S. Lewis
It’s a classic, really, which is why it made the list. While I did enjoy the entire series, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe will forever be my favourite.

9. Undead series – MaryJanice Davidson
The first books are the better in the series. I admit that I stopped reading when they changed the amazingly fun covers to the crappy monotonous ones.

8. Southern Vampires – Charlaine Harris
I started reading this series shortly after the first book was published and way before the HBO series.

7. Uglies – Scott Westerfeld
This is an amazing series, though the fourth book I could have done without.

6. Sweet Valley – Francine Pascal
These books, especially the “SV Twins” books, were my childhood and I am always on the look-out for the few that are missing from my collection.

5. Harry Potter – J.K. Rowling
These books will live on longer than the western civilization.

4. Secrets of the Unicorn Queen – Various Authors
I was captivated by these books when I was in elementary school and have in recent years found somewhere where I could read them online. I only wish that there were more…

3. Women of the Underworld – Kelley Armstrong
Some of these books I liked more than the others, but I can’t wait for the new one about Savannah to come out!

2. Shifter series – Rachel Vincent
The love-triangle that has been present in the last two books makes me cry with want for the final book to come out this fall.

1. Percy Jackson and the Olympians – Rick Riordan
I LOVE these books, though I’m a little hesitant about there being a spin-off type series coming out soon.

No comments: