Monday, April 26, 2010

BBC 100 - Part 2


Part two of the BBC top 100 list (books 26-50) where the BBC think that people are idiots and don't read amazing books. Then again, I suppose that there are people out there who only read one author, one genre, or those trashy romance novels in the red or purple covers... Still, making an assumption that people have only read six books on this entire list?


26. Brideshead Revisited - Evelyn Waugh

27. Crime and Punishment - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

28. Grapes of Wrath - John Steinbeck

29. Alice in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll
Such an amazing book that is so imaginative. Pretty good for a drug-addled brain to come up with.

30. The Wind in the Willows - Kenneth Grahame
I couldn’t make it through this when I had to read it for class.

31. Anna Karenina - Leo Tolstoy

32. David Copperfield - Charles Dickens

33. Chronicles of Narnia - CS Lewis
Amazing series.

34. Emma - Jane Austen
On my bookshelf.

35. Persuasion - Jane Austen
See above book.

36. The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe - CS Lewis
By far my favourite of the series. But isn't having this book on here when the entire series is listed above a little redundant?

37. The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini

38. Captain Corelli’s Mandolin - Louis De Bernieres

39. Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden
Such an amazing book. It was so descriptive and colourful and so lovely.

40. Winnie the Pooh - AA Milne
A children’s classic.

41. Animal Farm - George Orwell
A book that I haven’t gotten around to yet.

42. The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown
Bookshelf.

43. One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marque

44. A Prayer for Owen Meaney - John Irving
So I didn’t know that the movie Simon Birch was done from this book… I might just have to get this from the library. I really did like the movie even though it was so sad.

45. The Woman in White - Wilkie Collins

46. Anne of Green Gables - LM Montgomery
So good. My favourite book in the series.

47. Far From The Madding Crowd - Thomas Hardy

48. The Handmaid’s Tale - Margaret Atwood

49. Lord of the Flies - William Golding
I hated this book. With a passion. But the death of Piggy in the movie made my entire class laugh. Rocks are not supposed to bounce off a person’s head when they’re that big.

50. Atonement - Ian McEwan




So that's another 6 1/2 books, which brings my grand total to 15 1/2 books. I think that the BBC needs to re-think their numbers.

No comments: