Monday, June 28, 2010

Liars Liars Five



Wicked


Written by: Sara Shepard

Released: November 25, 2008 by HarperTeen



Summary: In idyllic Rosewood, Pennsylvania, four very pretty girls just can't help but be bad. . . .

Hanna will do anything to be Rosewood's queen bee. Spencer's digging up her family's secrets. Emily can't stop thinking about her new boyfriend. And Aria approves a little too strongly of her mom's taste in men.

Now that Ali's killer is finally behind bars, the girls think they're safe. But those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it. And they should know by now that I'm always watching. . . .



Well, I was a little worried after the fourth book that Shepard wouldn’t be able to keep my attention but these books just keep getting better and better. In fact, I’ve already turned a friend of mine onto the books and within not even two weeks she has surpassed me in the series for how far along she’s read. Crazy.

I wish that there were more to really say about the books without giving away too much.

The characters are, at least I find, always growing while still seeming to face the same problems which, now that I’m thinking about it, always seem to center around their parents:

Spencer’s hate her for some unknown reason and favour her sister Melissa above all else.

Aria can’t seem to be able to tell her parents secrets that would change their lives… which can be both good and bad.

Emily’s parents don’t know what to do with her no matter what Emily does.

And poor Hanna has terrible Daddy issues and her mother left for overseas.

Then there’s the love drama and, or course, Ali’s murder mystery.

I can’t wait to see how the next book plays out since this one was a firm 9/10 amazing! Seriously, if you haven’t checked out the series yet you should. Then if you still want some Pretty Little Liars action you could watch the amazing new TV series on ABC Family (in the USA) or Much Music (in Canada).

1 comment:

Karin Perry said...

Nice! Like I said before, I really liked the first 4 books. I wish I had cable so I could watch the series on ABC Family.
Thanks,
Karin