Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Second Queen of Pipes

Outside In

Written by: Maria V. Snyder

Released: February 15, 2011 by Harlequin Teen

Summary: Me? A Leader? Okay, I did prove that there's more to Inside than we knew. That a whole world exists beyond this cube we live in. And finding that led to a major rebellion - between worker scrubs like me and the snobby uppers who rule our world. Make that ruled. Because of me, we're free. I thought that meant I was off the hook, and could go off on my own again - while still touching base with Riley, of course. He's the one upper I think I can trust. But then we learned that there's outside and then there is Outside. And something from Outside wants In.


I’m sad that this set of books is now over. I loved Trella and her escapades. Really, this was the type of book that could have continued on for a few more novels, but it’s refreshing to see a book stop before it gets stale.

It took me a while to get into reading this, though I’ve been lusting over it for months. I think that Harry was rearing his ugly scar-head and having his horrible way with my reading. However, once I got about ¼ of the way in, I couldn’t put the book down (figuratively) until the gritty end. There was so much that went on with this story and it was non-stop action until the last page.

Trella surprised me with this book. After reading the first and having her be so strong and independent, it seemed as though she took a bit of a back-seat at the beginning of this one. But, I could see where that played into the plot, and as things progressed I could see the old Trella peeking through until she was back in full force.

I loved the romance between Trella and Riley. Its progression was realistic despite the science fiction setting and with its ups and downs it leads the reading on an emotional rollercoaster from start to finish. But more than the romance, which was knee-melting, was the mystery. This is a classic who-done-it with the side of ‘who to trust’. I was kept guessing until well into the plot and even until the very end I didn’t know who could be trusted. In short, it was all great.

There was mystery, action, adventure, romance, and space travel. If you haven’t had the chance to yet read Inside Out, it’s just as amazing. I give this a 9/10 and I'm definitely going to be buying my own hard copy in a few weeks!

I want to thank netGalley and Harlequin for making it possible for me to read this before its release. I am ever so thankful since I’ve wanted to read this ever since I read Inside Out in August.

No comments: