Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday (9)




 
I'm so excited about this week! Halloween is my favourite holiday and I absolutely adore horror movies and scaring myself silly! I'll have to admit, though, that it takes a lot to get me really scared but when it happens I can become a huge ball of panicked little girl!
And so, for this week I present my Top Ten Books to Read During Halloween!
1. Feed by Mira Grant
The thing that was the most scary about this novel was the science behind the zombie plague. The cure for cancer causes people to reanimate.
2. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
Zombies, villages lost in time, mystery and romance; an amazing novel. I need to read the next too soon.
3. Dracula by Bram Stoker
A classic – need I say more?
4. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
The ultimate monster.
5. Goosebumps by R.L. Stine
These books scared the pants off me when I was in, like, grade three. I think I was only able to read a few from cover to cover.
6. Undead and Unwed by MaryJanice Davidson
A little humour at Halloween has never been a bad thing. And this series of books makes me laugh until I have to pee!
7. Lynsay Sands’ Vampire books
Mmmmm, sexy Canadian vampires...
8. Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
Werewolves, witches, and a creepy spider thing. Plus romance!
9. Rampant by Diana Peterfreund
Three words: Killer man-eating unicorns.
And a special non book entry

10. Hocus Pocus
Everyone needs to watch this movie during the Halloween season!!
As for my Halloween costume... well right now I’m not planning on anything L although come to think of it I might just dress up anyway and go give out candy at my aunt’s house! (I don’t get any trick-or-treaters) Hmmm... what should I be. I’m going to have to YouTube some Halloween make-up inspiration!

As always, check out The Broke and the Bookish for more Top Ten fun!

No comments: