Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday (8)



Ok, let me first rectify my list. This week’s topic is Top Ten Books That Whose Titles Or Covers Made Me Buy It but I’ve never bought a book JUST because of the cover or the title. Most of the time the cover is what drags me towards the book, but I always check with the summary before handing over my money.  So I guess this list is more Books I Bought Because the Cover/Title Drew My Eye and Made Me Pick It Up to Read the Summary and Then Buy It.
So this week my inner cover whore led me to buy;

1. Entwined by Heather Dixon
Have you seen this cover? No? Well go look it up on Goodreads and you'll see why it made my list. It's gorgeous!
2. Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
Oh the original cover, how pretty you are!
3. Elixir by Hilary Duff
Yeah, I also wondered just how good of a book Hilary Duff could write (or just slap her name on the cover...) but the cover was just too pretty to pass up!
4. Sweetly by Jackson Pierce
It's the whole girl-wolf-girl thing that the cover has going on. I can just stare at it like those duo-content pictures.
5. Broken by Kelley Armstrong
This was my first ever Kelley Armstong novel purchased. It's the fifth in the series (right?). However the cover just made me pick it up as it sat all pretty on the wall at a Coles bookstore.
6. A Connecticut Fashionista in King Arthur’s Court by Marianne Mancusi
Ok, so I was on a school trip and the bus stopped at one of the highway reststops. I was in need of something to read and this was the novel that drew my attention. My friends majorly ripped on me for buying it but this book turned out to be really good! (well, as good as a dime store romance type novel can be) Sadly I lost my copy after I loaned it to a friend.
7. Fire Me Up by Katie MacAlister
I was in high school and we had these $5 books in the store. I found this one and never looked back. Katie MacAlister is HILARIOUS! Seriously, I used to laugh out loud while reading her stuff on the bus. Somehow I've lost several of her books that I owned and now I have to scour used book stores to find them.
8. The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson
I didn't like the butterfly cover but I LOVE the puzzle pieces one. It just fits so well with the story. And it's so pretty!
9. Once Upon a Winter’s Night by Dennis L. McKiernan
Ok, this one I did buy purely because of the cover. But I also figured it would be an East of the Sun, West of the Moon novel. I loved The Polar Bear King movie growing up!
10. Hunger by Jackie Morse Kessler
As always, check out The Broke and the Bookish for more Top Ten fun!

5 comments:

Chrystal said...

I loved Hunger by Jackie Morse Kessler. Have you read the others by her yet? I've read Rage as well.

Interpreting Services said...

That’s very interesting of you, I select my collections by surfing the net and asking suggestion from my friends, anyway thanks for sharing your ideas.

Sidne said...

from your list, #6 i would of definitely gotten. love anything fashionable. hunger games on my list to read due to reviews.
http://sidnebkclubreviewz.blogspot.com

Chey said...

All of these are great choices! I love the cover of Entwined, pretty much because it's done by a photographer I've been interested in for years. :)

Brenna said...

K, have you read Entwined yet?? Please tell me you have :) It's really good! And your right, the cover is stunning. STUNNING.