Saturday, August 20, 2011

Area 51 - Part 1

The Outsider (Roswell High #1)
Written by: Melinda Metz
Released: September 1, 1998 by Simon and Schuster

Summary: Liz has seen him around. It's hard to miss Max -- the tall, blond, blue-eyed senior stands out in her high-school crowd. So why is he such a loner?
Max is in love with Liz. He loves the way her eyes light up when she laughs. And the way her long, black hair moves when she turns her head. Most of all, he loves to imagine what it would be like to kiss her.
But Max knows he can't get too close. He can't let her discover the truth about who he is. Or really, what he is....
Because the truth could kill her.
I love this television series (I own it all on DVD and watch it ALL THE TIME!) so when I discovered this first novel from the book series at a Salvation Army I scooped it up immediately to read while on vacation. I kind of just wish that it wasn’t the TV-series cover...
Even before starting to read I knew that there were going to be large differences between what was written and what happens during the show – so I wasn’t surprised when there were many differences. I went in well prepared and I loved the different perspective that the novel provided.
I cannot wait to find and read the remaining novels in this series though I think that’s going to take a while. I tried several different used book stores and even some online sites and if I can’t find them they’re either unavailable or way too expensive for my taste in older novels.
If someone out there wanted to be SUPER nice they might RAK me the other novels in the series... I’m just putting it out there...
I give this novel a 6.5/10 and a promise to hunt down the remaining books so that I can know what happens!

No comments: