Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wish List Wednesday - Number Twenty-Three

With Hunger coming out within the next few weeks (I can't remember the exact date), it's not as if I've read it already but I already know that I want to read the next in the series.

Rage

Written by: Jackie Morse Kessler

Released: April 18, 2011 by Harcourt Graphia


Summary: Missy didn’t mean to cut so deep. But after the party where she was humiliated in front of practically everyone in school, who could blame her for wanting some comfort? Sure, most people don’t find comfort in the touch of a razor blade, but Missy always was . . . different.

That’s why she was chosen to become one of the Four Horsemen Apocalypse: War. Now Missy wields a different kind of blade—a big, brutal sword that can cut down anyone and anything in her path. But it’s with this weapon in her hand that Missy learns something that could help her triumph over her own pain: control.

A unique approach to the topic of self-mutilation, Rage is the story of a young woman who discovers her own power, and refuses to be defeated by the world.

Doesn't that sound absolutely amazing? And that cover is wickedly gorgeous. I'm having complete cover-lust over it. I hope that it's close to what the final cover will look like.

Plus, one god thing is that they're not making us wait an entire year for the second book like the sneaky publishers sometimes like to do!

2 comments:

Dazzling Mage said...

I really want to read this series. Great WoW pick.

Tammy (The Book Fairy's Haven) said...

This sounds absolutely awesome. Not something I would normally read, but I would definitely make an exception for this. Thanks for highlighting. Will be adding to my TBR pile, that's for sure!