Monday, October 4, 2010

Movie Monday - Fashionista Barbie

Barbie: A Fashion Fairytale

Written by: Elise Allen

Directed by: Willian Lau

Released: recently

Rating: G --» obviously. It's freaking Barbie.


Summary: Barbie gets fired and dumped all in the same day, so she heads to her Aunt's fashion house. Once there, she helps transform some clothing and the day.




So I'm on baby-sitting duty for my cousin's three-year-old until Wednesday (which is why there's no photo; I have to use only my phone for internet and posts), hence this choice in movie this week. However, I must admit that I have a soft spot for Barbie since I grew up with her. Plus, has no one else seen Barbie and the Rockets? I completely had the Kristy doll.

Anyways, this movie was cute. It was your typical Barbie movie with the happy ending and the up-beat music. I'm mostly just happy that it was captivating enough to keep her entertained. Heck, even I was entertained... Though flairies (the fashion fairies in the movie because no Barbie movie is complete without fairies of some kind). My twelve-year-old cousin who was off sick from school really enjoyed it too.

In all, this was a great one. If Ken in this movie was real I would totally be smitten for him. I'm giving this a 7/10. I would watch it again too.

No comments: