Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Year in Review - 2011

Well, it’s officially New Years Eve and I’m back to blogging. December has officially sucked – Christmas included – since it ended in me having a horrible case of strep throat which started on Christmas day.
But, tomorrow marks the beginning of a new year and I’m quite glad for it.
As a blogger, I accomplished a lot in 2011.

I wrote 319 posts including this one
I read 129 books
I wrote 122 full reviews and 10 mini-reviews
I went to NYC all by myself for BEA 2011
I met AMAZING fellow bloggers – some even who live near where I do
I had my very first author interview
I received my first ARC of my very own in the mail
I discovered the absolute joy of The Book Depository and its amazingly low prices with free shipping
All in all, it was a busy blogging year with a couple of breaks thrown in. I do, after all, have to have a life outside of being a complete bookworm. Plus, there were times when I think my co-workers were a little worried about the days I would come in after pulling an all-nighter reading a really good book!
I can’t wait to see what 2012 brings with it. Ideally I’ll be at BEA again this year*, and I would love to have more amazing author interviews (in fact, I have one cooking for later!) and more chances to meet fellow book lovers.
So to everyone, have an amazing New Year and a safe New Years Eve.
I’ll see you in 2012!

*oh who am I kidding; I would sell my kidney to make sure I got there in 2012.

2 comments:

Sara (of the Page Sage) said...

It sounds like you had a great year! (Well, besides the strep throat. I hope you're feeling better!) Congrats on all of your accomplishments! (:

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

122 reviews?! Wow, yay for you. :) Hope this year is even better for you.