Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday (10)



As an avid reader there is never a shortage of books that are really going to get to you whether it’s in a good or bad way. However, that being said I was only able to choose eight* books for my list this week since I tried to really pick the books that left me in extreme emotion (hurt, love, anger, etc...). I went from the books that immediately jumped out at me though I’m sure that if I really went through all the books I’ve read I would think up more!
This week’s list is Books I had VERY strong emotions about, so here they are!

1. Hunger by Jackie Morse Kessler
Kessler is such a raw author. Her books have each made me cry.
2. After by Amy Efaw
What an emotional rollercoaster. Teenage pregnancy stories always get me but this one was in a class of its own.
3. Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
Oh the heartbreak, the sorrow. This is such a controversial novel and it’s so well done!
4. Rage by Jackie Morse Kessler
Please refer to #1.
5. Every Little Thing in the World by Nina De Gramont
So many emotions. This was a fantastically well done novel. Another one about teen pregnancy but from a rather different perspective and ending not how you would necessarily think it would.
6. Stay by Deb Caletti
This is the type of girl I always want to slap. Thankfully, she came into her right mind on her own. I immediately (as soon as I bought a physical copy since I first read an e-galley) loaned this out to my cousins because I felt so strongly about it.
7. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
Love. Just love.
8. Wildefire by Karsten Knight
Yeah, that ending made me want to throw this book across the room, through the window, and into the neighbours back yard for their beagle to gnaw on.
9. Random Goosebumps books by R.L. Stine
Ok, it was, like, grade three and there were a lot of these books that I had to stop reading after a few chapters because I was scared out of my mind. Now I can fall asleep watching horror movies. Oh how the times change!
10. Fast Food Nation: The Dark Side of the All-American Meal by Eric Schlosser
I didn’t eat fast food of ANY kind for the better part of a year. Seriously, this book disgusted me to the point of no appetite. But it was such a fascinating read at the same time.
*Yeah, I thought of two more books!

As always, check out The Broke and the Bookish for more Top Ten fun!

9 comments:

Sophia said...

Yay for Lola! It truly is just love. I have Forbidden and I've seen it on other people's lists; it must be a real tear jerker. Fantastic list!

Anonymous said...

Oh I totally agree with you about Stay! I spent most of the book wanting to slap her too for her silliness and the way she handled it.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Jan von Harz said...

Love your list. I need to lose some weight so I think I should read Fast Food Nation :)

Kelly said...

Goosebumps!! I used to love that series!

My Top Ten List

kayerj said...

My daughter love RL Stine . . . kaye—the road goes ever ever on

Michelle said...

Great list! I finished reading Lola and the Boy Next Door recently...and I just loved the chemistry and romance between Lola and Cricket. Very swoon-inducing!

Shannon (Giraffe Days) said...

Lola was so wonderful! And Forbidden so tragic - it didn't make my list but I nearly put it in several times.

Just a Lil Lost said...

Majorly need to read Lola! Loved it more than Anna??

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Michele | My Top 10

Anonymous said...

Ah, the Goosebumps books scared me way too much to read them. Same with that horrid show "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" I don't understand how people can enjoy deliberately scaring themselves. :p