Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Vintage Tuesdays - Childhood Flashback

Sweet Valley Kids #10 – The Twins and the Wild West


Written by: Francine Pascal

Released: August 1990 by Bantam Skylark Books



Summary: The Wakefield twins Jessica and Elizabeth, along with their big brother Steven, visit Wild West Town with their grandparents where fun and adventure ensue.




I remember that this particular SVKs book was the one that they never had at the library and it was always one of the ones that I wanted to read. I don’t remember why, but this one as soon as I saw it at the used book store was a book that I knew that I had to buy. Granted, I bought the book for my cousin’s birthday (she turns 8 next week) and this was the major series that I read around that age.

I read this book in about 15 minutes flat. I don’t remember it taking such a small amount of time to read one of these when I was engrossed with them. I guess that just goes to show how much a reader develops as they age; being 23 never made me feel so old as it does at right this very minute and I’ve only been 23 for... oh, a few hours?

Still, this book boasted the adventures of the Wakefield twins that I loved and lovingly remembered and it was a great way to remember the book series that really got me heavily into reading. For memories and a childhood want fulfilled, I’m giving this book a 10/10 and I would highly recommend it (and the series) to anyone who has young female relatives who love to read.

No comments: