Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Trailer Tuesday 1

I'm going to take a break from Vintage Tuesdays this week to bring you this trailer.





So, I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore (James Frey and Jobie Hughes) just recently was released in book format, but since this movie has a full-length trailer already made and a release date set for early next year, production started on it earlier this year - months before the book release.

I have to admit that I'm not too sure how I feel about books being optioned before they are actually released though I understand why it would be.

If a book is made into a movie before it's released, it's going to really start buzz not only in the book world but also with people who are more movie-orientated and don't necessarily read a lot. By having it in one medium, it translates to the other, thus upping sales which otherwise might not have been there in the first place. I haven't read the book yet since I just bought it this Sunday, but hopefully the book is worth both the paper that it's printed on and a future movie ticket.

Does that make sense to anyone other than me?

Something that I find rather ironic is that Alex Pettyfer filmed Beastly, also based on a book, well over a year ago and its release is going to be well after this movie.

Ok, so back to this movie. The trailer looks amazing and it definitely made me want to read the book all the more. Admittedly, I found the book on Goodreads before I knew that it was being made into a movie, and I wanted to read it then (I am a huge Roswell, the tv series, fan. Sigh... Michael...), but now I want to read it even more. Just from the trailer, it looks like there's going to be a lot action sequences and bated breath scenes.

I also can't wait for the new year so that I can go see the movie. As long as the trailer isn't boasting all of the good scenes, it looks like it will be fantastic. I just wonder how it will relate to the book.

On a different note, the second book in the series is up on Goodreads and here's the brief summary;

“I can feel it in my bones that he is one of us. And I know somehow, that I must find him.”


Well, it's more of a quote that seems to sum up the basis of the book... but still. Sounds great.

No comments: