Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Children of Gods: The Audio Book - Take Five



The Last Olympian – Audio Book

Written by: Rick Riordan

Audio Book Read by: Jesse Bernstein

Released: May 5, 2009 by Listening Library


Summary: All year the half-bloods have been preparing for battle against the Titans, knowing the odds of a victory are grim. Kronos’s army is stronger than ever, and with every god and half-blood he recruits, the evil Titan’s power only grows.

While the Olympians struggle to contain the rampaging monster Typhon, Kronos begins his advance on New York City, where Mount Olympus stands virtually unguarded. Now it’s up to Percy Jackson and an army of young demigods to stop the Lord of Time.



Ok, I think it’s because the guy who reads this has a voice that’s so soothing, that even when I am so enthralled with the story, I fall asleep. I also have been listening to it at night… so that might not be helping at all on that matter.

From when I was conscious enough to hear, this book is amazing and I can’t wait until the library copy comes in so that I can physically read it since I’m next on the wait list. I think that I got to only chapter 11 (maybe) which isn’t even really half way through the book and so much has happened already I can’t imagine what else is going to happen. So far, though, it’s already a 9/10 and climbing in ratings.

Stay tuned for the completed review (hopefully some time next week when it comes into the library). I do believe that this is going to end up being a 10/10 unless the ending turns out to be disappointing - which I doubt it will!

No comments: