Monday, January 3, 2011

No Parole 3

Perfect Mistake


Written by: Kate Brian

Released: October 27, 2009 by Simon and Schuster Children’s Publishing

Summary: MAKE NEW FRIENDS AND KILL THE OLD....

Ariana Osgood has everything she's ever wanted. A place at elite Atherton-Pryce boarding school. Fabulous friends. A new crush. And most importantly, a new identity. Now that she's officially become Briana Leigh Covington, Ariana's troubled past is dead and buried.

Or is it?

When the one person who knows her secret arrives on campus, Ariana decides it's time to say good-bye to her ex-best friend -- forever. From the author of the bestselling PRIVATE novels comes a series about the dark world of wealth, secrets, and PRIVILEGE.


Oh Kate Brian, you did it again. I honestly think that I will never tire of reading these books. There’s just so much drama and mystery and intrigue and horror. I mean, WTF is Kaitlynn doing back? It’s like she’s asking for it, if you ask me. Why else would you egg on a girl who has murdered several people just to get what she wants?

I must admit that though Kaitlynn’s arrival threw a wrench into Arianna’s plans, having her there kept me turning the pages with bated breath. I couldn’t wait to see what she would do next. Plus, her being there with the initial tappings for the Stone and Grave going on, I wasn’t sure what would happen.

I loved reading about the initiation activities for the secret society and seeing just how far they tried to push Arianna. I also loved her blooming romance with Palmer and the conflicts that it caused with Lexa and everyone else.

The only complaint that I have about this book was that it was a little lacking compared to the rest. It was still great, but it just doesn’t have the oomph that the others do. As far as the series goes, this was a great filler book and it was needed and still fantastic. Plus, the ending alone is well worth the read. Oh, and the part with the cows.

I’m giving this a 7/10 and I can’t wait to finish reading the series and read the Private books.

No comments: