Monday, March 17, 2014

Best of Both Worlds

Today I bring to you my review of The 100 - which will be airing on The CW for its series premiere on Wednesday. Personally, I can't wait to actually see how the two relate. From the commercials I can already see that they've changed quite a bit. I'm also hoping that it will give me a few answers that the book left open. Of course, there is also a sequel to this duology (it that even a word?!) coming out this September. I'm hoping for an ARC at BEA in a few months. ;)

Stay tuned below for my video review of the book! There was so much more that I wanted to discuss in the video - but I also wanted to keep it short.






The 100

Written by: Kass Morgan

Released: September 3rd 2013 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

Summary: In the future, humans live in city-like spaceships orbiting far above Earth's toxic atmosphere. No one knows when, or even if, the long-abandoned planet will be habitable again. But faced with dwindling resources and a growing populace, government leaders know they must reclaim their homeland... before it's too late.

Now, one hundred juvenile delinquents are being sent on a high-stakes mission to recolonize Earth. After a brutal crash landing, the teens arrive on a savagely beautiful planet they've only seen from space. Confronting the dangers of this rugged new world, they struggle to form a tentative community. But they're haunted by their past and uncertain about the future. To survive, they must learn to trust - and even love - again.







So, unless you didn't watch the video (shame on you) you saw that I did enjoy the book.

I loved how the characters stories were all laced together in one way or another - not that this should be a surprise since they live on a relatively small space ship - and how there were flashbacks mixed in with the present day so that you could understand they "why" better.

Since this was made into a CW show, or because of it, it really reads like a prime time drama on the station. While I personally enjoyed this aspect, I can see where others wouldn't find it the same way. There was a sense of predictability about the whole book, but when there were twists you expected them, but had no idea what they would be.

While it took me a few seconds each chapter to get into the different character perspective, I did enjoy the four main characters and seeing the events from their eyes. I loved how each of them were able to bring something different to the story and how they differed vastly.

I can't wait for the second book. It needs to come faster.

No comments: