Friday, March 2, 2012

I'm Taking a Break

Yesterday was possibly the worst day of my life even though I knew that the outcome was inevitable and was as prepared for it as a person could be. Still, it was just so hard.
I want to thank everyone who posted get well wishes for my dad after my last In My Mailbox video. Sadly, yesterday my dad died from secondary cancer in the brain.
Because of this, I’m taking a break from blogging; a real break this time. There are things I need to do and, to be completely honest, blogging and reading aren’t exactly ranking high on my list right now. The last thing that I’m going to do is finish my Embrace giveaway because I feel as though it wouldn’t be fair to extend the deadline until I come back – whenever that may be.
So, if you don’t see me around online, this is why. I don’t know when I’ll be back with regular posts, but thank you for understanding.

4 comments:

Victoria Scott said...

I know there are no words that can possibly help at a time like this, but I'll say them anyway: I'm so sorry this happened to you and your family.

Please know you are in my thoughts.

Donna (Bites) said...

My condolences for your loss. I doubt it's any consolation but at least he isn't in any pain or suffering anymore. I hope you're surrounded my loved one through this and you will get through it.

Anonymous said...

My prayers and condolences to you and your family. I'm so sorry, Kathy! I know first hand how it feels to lose a parent to cancer. If you need anything, I'm always here =)

Best wishes,
-★Wendy★
A Cupcake and a Latte: Young Adult Reviews!

Giselle @ Book Nerd Canada said...

Oh sweetie! I'm so sorry to hear that. My prayers go to you and your family! *hugs* if you need to talk or rant or do anything I'm here for you.