Monday, August 30, 2010

Movie Monday - Down With the SS

Inglorious Basterds

Written by: Quentin Tarantino

Directed by: Quentin Tarantino

Released: May 20, 2009 in Cannes

Rating: R


I think that I am completely behind on watching this movie with all the hype that surrounded its release, but it's finally on the movie network, so now I had no excuse on a boring Wednesday night off from work.

Well, what can I say other than this is definitely not what I expected when I sat down to watch it. The subtitles alone threw me for a minute since i was completely anticipating that, since it starred Brad Pitt, that it would be in English. However, I recovered quickly and sat down to enjoy.

And enjoy I did.

I liked how the separate stories melded together in their own separate ways and how even the smallest detail wasn't overlooked. I also enjoyed how the movie was separated into different parts, each sectioned off by a title.

The acting was superb. I don't think that anyone else could have done it as well as the cast did. Mike Meyers also completely threw me with his small part; I honestly did a double-take when he was on the screen and I wish that I had been watching a DVD rather than it on TV because then I could have rewound and paused so that I could really take in the make-up job. Plus, I am so envious of the wardrobe, hair, and make-up of the actresses in the movie; it was all so absolutely gorgeous.

All in all, I'm giving this movie an 8/10 and I highly recommend it if you're not easily offended and can watch some rather gorey parts - like men getting scalped and people being shot.

No comments: