Hmmm, this week poses a very tough decision on my part. After all, there are so many amazing characters whose lives I have stepped into while reading, so how can I only choose ten? Well, if I must I must – so here goes.
1. Sophie Hatter from Howl’s Moving Castle. Now, if we were going on the movie, it would be Calcifer all the way. But I adore Sophie in the book – so much so that I names my puppy Sophie.*
2. Fred the Mermaid from the trilogy by MaryJanice Davidson. I think she’s just hilarious AND she’s a freaking mermaid. I sometimes wish that I was a mermaid...
3. Celaena Sardothien from Throne of Glass. Yes, I realize that this novel has yet to be released by Bloomsbury, but I read it YEARS ago on fictionpress.net and loved her as a character. She’s kick ass and a freaking assassin. Enough said.
4. Tinkerbell the fairy from Peter Pan. She’s one sassy fairy who swears and gets away with it.
5. Finley Jayne from The Girl in the Steel Corset. Another kick-ass heroine who has some serious mystery surrounding her.
6. Cricket from Lola and the Boy Next Door. I want a Cricket in my life. Dear Universe, get on that – would you?
7. Ella from Ella Enchanted. I wish that I had her finesse with picking up languages!
8. Alexia Tarabotti from Soulless and following novels. She’s snarky, proper, and just so cool! Plus, she marries a super-swoon worthy werewolf.
9. Elena Michaels from the Women of the Underworld novels. She’s the world’s only female werewolf and is as tough as nails.
10. Ariana Osgood from the Private and Privilege novels. She’s a bat-shit crazy psycho killer and I still like her. She’s just an amazing character to read about since you have no idea what she’ll do (or who she’ll kill) next!
So that’s my list. It would be a lot different if this was a list of my top 10 literary boyfriends... but maybe that can be a topic for another week!
For more Top Ten Tuesday fun – or to join in – visit TheBroke and the Bookish!
*ok, technically my aunt came up with Sophie for a name... but this makes for a better story.