Saturday, February 12, 2011

No Parole 5

Pure Sin


Written by: Kate Brian

Released: October 19, 2010 by Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing

Summary: The drama follows her wherever she goes in the New York Times bestselling series.


Oh my god I can’t believe that I have to wait until June to read the final novel in this series. Granted, I have the Private series to tide me over, but to last the next three months without knowing if Lexa is going to be alright (sorry for the mild spoiler) and to find out what the hell Reed was doing there... I think that I may perish before then. If that happens, please pay the audio book at my gravesite once it’s released.

I feel as though this novel was the rising action at the cusp of the climax within the series. We see Ariana getting exactly what she wants and then struggle with ensuring that she keeps it. I don’t want to say more than that because I don’t want to spoil the novel for anyone who hasn’t read the series yet – and by saying anything about this one you spoil stuff about the previous – but it’s amazing.

I will, however, say this. I completely would want to date Jasper. He’s sweet and described as good looking and fun. And the love interest story line with him is smoking.

Go out now and read this series. If you haven’t read the Private books yet, I wouldn’t worry about it because I have yet to read them and I’ve had no problem following along. There’s mystery, intrigue, murder, mayhem, and romance. Plus, the leading lady has some serious psychological problems that you just eat up as you’re reading about her. I give this novel a 9/10.

3 comments:

and then there was METAL said...

loks like a gread read
!


-metalcore

Anonymous said...

Yes it does sound like a good read and I've never heard of this series before.

Mystica said...

Thanks for the review. New to me as well.